Friday, June 29, 2012

My 1st cloth diaper

Miss Rachel in her first cloth diaper. (taken a week or so back) 

Yes, I have chosen to cloth diaper Rachel.  I did not use cloth on Mary or Sarah but I am this time.  I actually won this PURPLE diaper off a mommy blog (The Mommy Goods) long before I planned on having #3 and before I even considered the idea of cloth.  Since it was my first cloth diaper and my favorite color, I figured it just had to be the first for me to use on Miss Rachel. 


She is such a cutie in her cloth!!  

And yes this is NOT the cloth and plastic pants that your mom or grandma used.  Cloth has come such a long way, is cute, comfy and basically just as simple as disposables.  

The next couple pictures were taken today.  I did a load of cloth and since it unbearably hot today I decided to put my hanging drying rack on the back porch.  They were probably dry before I got back inside.  

And I can throw them in the dryer, I just prefer this rack at this time.  They dry very quickly hanging on it and I figure drying naturally cuts down on the wear and tear of my diapers.  
 

My hooks are all full.  I guess I will have to pick up a second one.  

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Such a little sweetie in her cloth diaper. :) Glad you're having fun with them. They sure are different from when I used cloth back in the day. I've enjoyed using the ones that Laura has had for Clayton and Adelyn....and I'm sure I'll enjoy using them on the next baby too. :D

Laura B said...

Aww! I had a feeling that would be the first one on her bum! <3 So cute! Glad you are liking the cloth this time around!!!