I am just beside myself over what I accomplished yesterday. I have been wanting to do this for quite some time, but just felt overwhelmed by it all. Now I have done it, and I plan on getting even more efficient. It is the least I can do to contribute to my family, being that I am a Stay at Home Mom. So you are wandering what I did...well (to some of you this won't be a big deal, but to me it is, so bear with me) I went shopping and MADE money. Yep, I got a lot of things, and in the end didn't spend a penny and actually made some. I will explain:
This is a great week to shop at Rite Aid. (thanks to Jessica Juart-Bish and my cousin Michelle Niehenke and the many blogs I like to check out for enlightening me) I had to figure it all out on paper to "explain" to Jude. Here is what I gave him...
**I purchased $89.76 worth of merchandise (if I had bought it at regular price).
**The sale price total was only $61.76...
**but I only paid $54.07 because I had a hand full of GREAT coupons.
It gets better. At the end of this month I will receive a check for $55.88. Yep...that is $1.81 more than what I spent and I even got a $1.50 UP reward which is equivalent to a gift card for Rite Aid, so I now have 15 things in my possession and it cost me NOTHING, but I made $3.31 if you add my 2 numbers together. Pretty awesome, huh?!? (and I have to admit I would have made $1 more if I had remembered to use another coupon I had. I was pretty bummed about that mistake, but at least I still didn't "spend" any money)
A lot of the items were various cold medicines (which we will definitely be able to use over the winter), lip balms, dish soap and a variety of other items...name brand too!! There is only 1 thing that I know we won't be using, but I plan on offering it to someone that can use it-for free or donating it to a shelter or someplace that can use donations.
Have I told you how excited I am that I kind of have this figured out? Well, I am!! I am so excited to be collecting more coupons than ever before and trying to continue the success. Even if I can't always make money, at least I can do my part to save some money. My husband works very hard for our money and for that I am grateful...I want to continue to stretch it as far as I can!
Thanks for reading through my excitement...and be aware I am hoping to have many more posts like this. Have a great evening!! I am enjoying looking through my bags of "freebies".
No comments:
Post a Comment