Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I did it again!!

Once again, I am very excited about my shopping experience. Didn't make money this time, but was able to pick up a handful of things we needed and didn't spend anywhere near full price. This time I went to CVS.

I did 2 transactions...here is what I did.
#1...I got 2 Colgate toothpastes (2.99 each) , 1 bag of candy corn (.99), and a bottle on dawn hand renewal dish soap (.97) . I had a coupon for .99 for the candy corn (printed out in the store), a 1.00 coupon for the dawn dish soap and 2-$1.00 coupons for the toothpaste. This brought my out of pocket total to $3.95 and then I also got $5.98 in extra bucks at the end of my receipt (these are equivalent to a gift card).

So transaction #2 was a 10-pack of AAA batteries that were on sale for $5.99 and I had a coupon for .75. (looking back I should have just saved my coupon but I didn't). Since I had the 5.98 extra bucks which was more than the cost of my batteries with the coupon, I had to purchase a little more. So, I got 2 bags of M&M's for the girls which brought me up to where I needed to be, and I paid the .28 difference.

So in total, I got 2 tubes of toothpaste, 1 bag of candy corn (will use for MOPS or Windy Kids), a bottle of dish soap, 2 bags of M&M's (for the girls) and a 10 pack of AAA batteries for a grand total of...$4.23. (the batteries alone would have cost me more than that!!!) Oh, and a very happy little girl because she got her very own bag of M&M's. (I usually make her share with her sister)

Like I said, it wasn't quite as good as the Rite Aid trip, but I am still pleased with it. (and this time, besides the candy, everything was stuff that we actually need)

Now time to figure out how to do even half as well with my grocery trip...hmmmm, this could be quite the challenge. But I am up for it!!

Happy couponing everyone!

1 comment:

Grandma Jill Urso said...

You are doing a fantastic job...I know it will really help your family out financially...more money to spend when you join us in Florida next January. :-)