Thursday, September 9, 2010

The HILL

Here is the hill that did me in. I tried to conquer it and it conquered me.
This is a before picture.
And another somewhat before picture...it is just so overgrown and driving me crazy
And here is after I worked on it for a day.
And now the stuff on the left side is gone, but I have to say that root in the middle of the cleared section is what did me in. The third day I was outside working on it, had just started. I bent down, cut out one root and then I turned, started to lift that root and my back snapped. I dropped to the ground instantly and Sarah came to my rescue. She got my phone so I could call Jude to come lift me off the hill. It has been over a week and I am still not 100%. I have movement, but I also have pain and some restrictions. Plus I still can't lift anything. That darn hill...I'll get the best of it before this is over. (well the folks from the church will...I'm not allowed near it for a while.) Pictures of the new hill will be coming soon.
And I should mention, it is much steeper than it looks in these pics...trust me!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Looks like you all had a fun time at the fair. :) Did they have Denny & Pearl's stromboli there?! :D

I'm sure it is nice to be able to go to Jim and Jill's without having to do lots of pre-planning. :)

Sorry to hear about your back. Did you go to a chiropractor? Think one might help? Be careful!

And once again, I am caught up on your posts and ready for new ones. :D :D :D