Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baby Party

My cousin Laura is expecting her 2nd child. Since she had a shower for her first, she decided she wanted to do something different, but still fun to commemorate this pregnancy. So she threw herself a baby party with a few of her close buds. It was a blast! She had wonderful food to munch on, punch, and decorations. She also organized numerous games. (and had prizes for us)


This particular game I wasn't so good at. It was a bowl of rice with baby safety pins in it, and you had to sift through and try to pick out the pins without looking. It might sound easy, but rest assured it wasn't.
I was pretty good at most of the other games, so came out like a bandit. (everyone got at least 1-2 prizes) I won the "how well do you know Laura's pregnancy" quiz, the baby old wives tales, the yarn measurement and the sock matching and sorting. The yarn measurement was hilarious...mine was the ONLY one even close to her size, and her best friend/cousin measured SO big that her yarn could wrap around herself, Laura and me. It was great!!
Then Laura had some onesies for us to decorate for the baby. I must have forgotten to take a picture of my own, but here is one My Aunt Rita made. "If you are reading this, pass me to Gramma Rita"
And one that our friend Marianne made. "I drink until I pass out!" (a nursing joke)
There were some really cute onesies created, now we all just have to wait for the baby to come and wear them all. Laura also had us decorate a pillow case for her to take with her to the hospital, and we made special keychains. It was such a fun day. We all really enjoyed ourselves.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

It sure was a blast! :oD We women need to come up with some other party ideas so we can get together once in a while. :o)