Wednesday, October 21, 2009

God's Paintbrush

Our God is truly an amazing God...and I am especially reminded of this in the fall; which happens to be my favorite season.
Have you ever really looked at the beautiful colors God paints for us? They are astonishing this time of year, and when I see them, I am reminded of how great our God is. I hope the next time you are in the northeast, especially, in the fall and you see the leaves changing, that you take a moment to enjoy the beauty of them and remind yourself that this was all given to us by God and thank Him for this wonderful gift.
I couldn't begin to paint a picture as pretty as this one that God has painted for us.
Red, orange, green, yellow, pink, coral, peach, plum...you name it, God is using it.
And then sometimes you have to sit back and say "WOW"! I don't know about you, but the picture below is just breathtaking to me. And I find all too often, for those of us that live in the northeast, so many people take this for granted. So many times we go through our daily lives in the fall (and year round for that matter) so quickly and we don't take the time to stop and take it all in. SO...go for a drive, check out the scenery and thank God for the picture he has given you. You may be surprised how pretty your "area" really is when you take the time to look at it and enjoy it. Thank you God for reminding me of this through your paintbrush.

And on that note, all of these pictures are taken within probably 15 miles of my house...this last one in particular is within 5. (and it was raining...but still worth photographing God's masterpieces)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura B said...

I agree completely! I really love the second picture, that one tree is amazing!