Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gingerbread Houses in Pittsburgh

Before Christmas, Jill, the girls and I joined my sister-in-laws for lunch. After lunch we checked out the AWESOME display of gingerbread houses around Pittsburgh. Many schools, churches, scouts and various other organizations entered a gingerbread house and they were amazing. I couldn't decided which ones to share, so I shared almost all that I took pictures of, but understand there were 100's that I didn't take pictures of. Such a fun display to check out.

Here the girls are with Aunt Sunny checking out the first window filled with them. (Aunt Michelle is in the background too)

Need to check my blog, Santa??

The indoor display. These seemed to be the "better" ones. But let me tell you, they were all great!!

a ribbon winner

This one was out of this world!!

One of the girls liked this one.

Such detail!

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood

Noah's Ark

Probably my favorite. Would have been Jude's if he was with us, I'm sure.

Girls wanted a picture with it, to show Daddy!!

All the fans in the stands were jelly beans. Such a cute idea!! (and the football players were teddy grahams)

123 Sesame Street

Elmo made out of noodles and cheese curls and various other edibles.

I think this was Sarah's favorite. It was the Pittsburgh Incline...filled with Santa's reindeer.

Overall, it was a great day, a wonderful tour of the city, and a beautiful display of gingerbread houses. This just might have to become a yearly tradition. (if Aunt Sunny is up for it again...she made a great tour guide)

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Oh wow, does this ever look like fun! I would have been in Heaven seeing all of those and taking tons of pics. :D Thanks for sharing! :)