No swim pictures to share today!!! Sarah decided to be a little snoot again, and go back to her old ways. For the most part, she basically sat on the steps for her lesson. I told the instructor she might as well use her time on Mary because all Sarah did was argue with her, and wouldn't try anything new. Grrrr...I really was hoping that after last week, we could move forward, but I guess not. All week she has been promising me that she would jump in (I only asked for once) but she insisted that she would do it 5 times. Well, I didn't even get my one that I was asking for. We are taking a week off, and then Mary will continue with her lessons. Sarah really will too (but we aren't letting her know that) , but for now we will just focus on Mary until Sarah decides she is ready to try something. The instructor and I are hoping that when she spends all her time with Mary, and when Mary continues to have such a great time, that Sarah will get jealous and get over whatever is holding her back. I guess only time will tell. But boy am I struggling with this stubborn child.
Sorry about no pictures, I was just so disgusted with Sarah that I didn't even get my camera out to take pics of Mary. She was really practicing coming up for quick breaths while she swims. (and doing a pretty good job at it)
2 comments:
I feel for little Sarah, I was stubborn at swimming lessons too, that stuff is just scary sometimes but it's a shame that she hasn't realized that sometimes it can be fun. Hang in there with it though!
I can see where you'd be bummed, but keep in mind she's little yet. I'm sure she'll come around, but in her own time. The good thing is...you are making the lessons available to her. :)
Just think how she used to never want her picture taken and now she's quite the little model. I have a feeling she'll be the same way with swimming. LOL :D
Post a Comment