And there she goes...where she stops, nobody knows!
Boo did fabulous at lessons today...the instructor was even in shock. Most of the lesson was spent in the "deep end". (only 5 ft I think, but nonetheless it was deep for Mary)
Miss Bee didn't do to shabby either. She not only got her goggles wet, but she got her ENTIRE head wet!! Yep, this is BIG news for us. And as you will see, she was quite proud of her accomplishment. (as was I)
Here is Bee showing off a bit more. One of these days I will have video of her jumping in...one of these days. That and doing this rocket thing towards the instructor is our next goals.
Boo swam the entire length of this pool with only 2 stops...this video will show you how far that is...pretty far for a 6 year old!!! I am SO proud of her. And she is quite excited. We had to schedule lessons next week when Daddy would be able to come see this in person. She can't wait to show him, and I can't wait to see his reaction. This will be a fun summer with her in the pool...that's for sure!!
By the way I am taking a relaxed time with Miss Bee. We are saying these lessons are for her sister, but if she does well and what is mainly asked of her, she gets a "little" attention from the instructor. I am not pushing anything or getting upset like I did before, and it seems to be working. I keep praying that one of these times she gets a little more courage...but for now I am trying to be patient and be grateful for the baby steps. Any step forward is better than a step backwards. :)
3 comments:
Good job, girls! :) And good job, mommy, for taking the relaxed approach. :)
I think this is great. I feel this is the most important lesson any kid can learn because it can save there life and mine!!!!!!!!!!!
Love it! They are doing so great! Can't believe how big they've gotten! We need to get together soon!
Post a Comment