Just wanted to shout out a HUGE THANK YOU to some great guys!! It all started a week or so back when our router started going on the fritz. I could still get "connected", but our house computer wouldn't. (which Mary and Sarah were NOT happy about) So, Jude wanted me to pick up a new router. (the one we were using we have had for well over a year, and we got it brand new from a goodwill for I think $2. Yep, just $2. I'm sure we got our moneys worth out of that one!!) So a few days back I was out and picked up the new router my Dad recommended. I don't like messing with the wires and everything around the computer, so I asked Jude to take care of it. The next day he did. It caused him a little trouble, but he was able to work through it and get it hooked up and running for all our devices EXCEPT my computer. :( I called Dad, he had me work through a bunch of things, nothing worked. The next day we got back to work trying to get it figured out, and still nothing was working, except when I turned off my firewall and ALL security. Couldn't let it stay that way, but we were stuck. Dad kept trying to figure it out (even though he couldn't see my screen) and I called my brother-in-law Jimmy. He had me do something (these computer guys get me SO lost when they have me go here and there and everywhere) but it wasn't quite working yet, and he needed to look something up, so was going to call me back. When we hung up, I did something (not sure what) and it started working, so I called Dad to get all my security back on to see if it would still go, and we found out another problem. Got that taken care of, got security on and it was still working (for the most part). Then got back in touch with Jimmy and he got the last problem taken care of. WooHoo...so thank you to Jude for starting this mess (aka hooking up our new and better wireless router) and for Dad and Jimmy using their computer knowledge together to get me back up and running. It was not fun not having a computer for a few days. I owe you guys!!!
1 comment:
Isn't great to have people to get you through computer issues! My dad is always my rescue!
Post a Comment