I have never had a green thumb, but am hoping that maybe I can do something right reagrding plants. So, my newest hobby has become planting. Probably 85% of the plants around my house have been started by seed...by me! (and the girls-they help some)
Here is step 1...little peat pellets and seed packets. I let the girls pick the flowers, so we have quite a hodge podge. (these are just a few of the ones I have)
Step 2: you wet the pellets with warm water, and they expand to look like these, then you plant the seeds.Here is step 1...little peat pellets and seed packets. I let the girls pick the flowers, so we have quite a hodge podge. (these are just a few of the ones I have)
(ignore the little sprouts on the side rows, this picture wasn't taken at this step...just a day or two later)
Step 3: you put the lid on, creating a greenhouse effect, sit it in your windowsill (preferrably a sunny side) and wait for these little sprouts...I love this step..getting to watch them slowly pop through and grow.
And here is the reward...nice little starts to your flowers. (mental note...make sure to make note of what you plant in what windowsill box, or you will have no clue what you are planting where)...not that I would know from experience! (And in case you are wandering I do know what these are)
I have actually become "addicted" to these windowsill boxes...they are the greatest things. I am having so much with them. I have even started a garden. I can't wait to see if we get anything. If not, at least I am learning a lot, and doing my part to "GO GREEN"!

1 comment:
Lookin' good! And I will be looking forward to seeing pics of your pretty flowers. :o)
Post a Comment