In April, my mom came up to PA. My great aunt and uncle were celebrating their 60th anniversary, so she wanted to come up for their party. The girls were SO excited she was coming. She arrived on a Thursday, the girls got to see her a bit, then they were off to NanNan's house while I had volleyball practice. I had Church volleyball that night, so she came along and entertained while I played. Friday we went to town for a bit, picked up a gift for my great aunt and uncle, visited with them, then enjoyed lunch at the HomeMade restaurant. After that I was off to v-ball practice, Jude kept the girls, and then we met up again that night for supper at Hoss's.
Mom stayed at the house..Mary was kind enough to give up her room. (we made a makshift room for Mary in the playroom..and she loved that) Saturday Jude kept the girls while I had a tournament, Sunday we said our goodbyes, as we had Church and Sunday School and then were headed to Pittsburgh for our Easter at the Urso's. She didn't join us at Church, but wanted to attend Marion Center instead, then she had the anniversary party, and then spent her last night at my Aunt Kim's house. Monday morning she left for the airport, and we were on our way home from Pittsburgh to get Mary back for school.It was a very quick visit. Mary enjoyed picking out her outfits and jewlery for each day. Grandma was impressed with Mary's taste. She matched each outfit, as mom had planned it out...down to the purse and the jewelry.
Oh...and Mary was so excited because for school in April they were collecting used eyeglasses as a service project, and so when Grandma got home, she mailed Mary a bunch of pairs of glasses for her project. Mary told her teacher those glasses came all the way from Texas!! Thanks Grandma for supporting her school project.

3 comments:
I thought the girls shared their room? Very nice of Mary to share her's though!
When Sarah started her horrible sleeping...or should I say lack of sleeping, we moved Mary out. She wasn't complaining, but we could tell she wasn't getting a sound/solid nights sleep. She took over the "grandma's room". (and she is loving it.)
At first she wasn't too happy about giving up her room for a few days, but when she heard we would let her sleep in the playroom..she suddenly changed her mind. :)
Sounds like everybody enjoyed Grandma Linda's visit. That was nice of Mary to let Grandma Linda have her room while she was there. :o)
Post a Comment