Thursday, September 17, 2009

The BIG announcement

Recently my Grandma announced that she was getting married. She recently started "seeing" an old classmate of hers, and they decided to get married.
Tonight I went up to see her and her fiance Mr. Bill Thorp. They got her engagement ring picked up today...a beautiful dainty ring with 3 stones; her birthstone, his birthstone and their wedding month birthstone.
Here is the happy couple (I think Grandma was in the middle of saying something)
Can you tell she is EXCITED??
And so is he!
We are SO happy for them...even more so since I finally met him. He seems like a really great guy, and I am so happy for my grandma to have found someone so special in her life. She really deserves it! My girls even called him Pappy Bill...I wanted them to have something like that to call him, and this is what Grandma suggested...so it was just perfect.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Love your post, Niece Emily! :oD I am in the process of making a blogger post, but for some reason everything is different. I am only able to upload one pic at a time, and everything just looks different. Gonna take some getting used to. And it's a pain only being able to upload one at a time. :op Anyhoo, again...love your post! :oD

EmUrso said...

thanks Aunt Rita...I didn't notice a difference in posting, but I always post through Picassa, not through blogger. Maybe that is the difference. Good luck and hope it goes back to how it was for you.

Pap and Grandma Urso said...

Please give your grandmother our congratulations. We hope they will be very happy together.

Laura B said...

Awwwwww! Aren't they the cutest! What a pretty ring! I am soooo happy for them, you can see how happy they are!

Roger said...

Love the pics. They certainly look happy.