Saturday, December 5, 2009

Guess What??

"Hey Grandma...guess what???? I got a BUCK!!!"
On Monday, we took our nephew out hunting. I was his adult supervision, since he is just a junior. Grandma was at our house keeping the girls. (Thanks again for that, Jill)
It was a miserable morning for hunting, and Robert wasn't seeing much. The one buck he saw, he pulled his gun up and the scope fogged up. So he was getting discouraged. It was almost lunch time, and I saw Robert pull his gun up again, he followed, and followed until I finally saw what he was following...a BUCK. It was crossing a gas well path, and BOOM-he shot. Not knowing if he had a good shot, I watched it as it ran off, and then in the distance it flipped, so I knew he got it. We waited a few minutes, then went to see it...a really nice 8 point. I called his father (who was hunting also). Robert was cracking up in the pic below because the deer was sticking its tongue out at me. (Can you tell how excited he was?)
I think it was about a 14 1/2 to 15 inch spread...definitely not bad for his first buck...well first deer for that matter.
Father and son posing with the buck. Way to go ROBERT!!! Unfortunately Jason didn't see or get a shot on any bucks, but at least they now have some venison for the freezer.
A special thanks to my Unlce Don for shooting Roberts gun in...he made sure it was right on target...and I would say it was!! And thanks to Moose- we hunt on his property and he was kind enough to give Robert a lesson in gutting a deer. That was a memorable lesson that I'm sure Robert will be reliving for quite a while. I won't gross you out with some of those hilarious details or pictures. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Way to go, Robert! :oD And yes, I can tell he is verrrry happy! :o)

Grandma Jill Urso said...

Thanks again, Emily, for being Robert's adult supervision. It was one very exciting day for him. I love sleeping over and watching the girls the first day of hunting. It is fun to take them to the hunter's breakfast so they can have Mickey Mouse pancakes.