I found this pretty material that I picked up as a remnant, and I had a matching solid brown (that is super soft).
This material is so shimmery that it was hard to get a good picture to show the pattern, but trust me, it is pretty!!
And this is what I made...a camera strap cover. By no means is it prefect, but it was ,my first project on my new machine and I am pretty proud of it. Trust me, it has plenty of flaws, but it is mine, and it saves my neck from the heavy camera and I love it!! Now that I have made one, watch out...I plan on working hard to get better at it, and making lots of fun strap covers.
Sarah took this one...she cut me off, but thats OK because I told her to focus on the camera and strap.
So if you sew and have any advice, good websites, blogs or anything like that, please share. I am really just teaching myself as I go and would love all the help I can get. It is fun, and my ultimate goal is to be able to make a dress for each of the girls. I'll keep you posted on my projects. (I have since made a door snake for our back door to keep the draft out)
2 comments:
The strap looks really nice. Great shots by Mary and Sarah. Looks like you have some additional photographers in your family.
I'm playing catch up on blogs tonight. Probably won't get to look at all the posts, but I was tickled to see you made yourself one of these nice camera straps. I told you they made the strap much easier on one's neck. :D
Did Laura share a tutorial link with you or did you come up with this on your own? Either way, looks great! :D
Please tell Mary and Sarah that I think they did an excellent job taking the pictures of you. :)
Post a Comment