Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Luminaries

This coming weekend..Friday and Saturday..Creekside UMC will have their annual Living Nativity. It is a beautiful outdoor presentation of the birth of Jesus. Just as spectacular as the program, are the luminaries that will light your way to the Church. We line the main street with luminaries and it is a spectacular view. (I will attempt to get pictures of it this year for those out of town blog viewers) For those that are relatively local, it would be worth a drive out to experience it. Two years ago, Sarah was Baby Jesus, marking the first year we used a "live" baby. The tradition has continued. (last year it was Clayton Burns, my cousin's little boy)

Anyhow, this past weekend, we gathered together to fill the bags with sand, and place the candles in them so they would be ready to go out Friday night. Mary and Sarah were our little helpers.Mary paused a moment from her many tasks...she would do something for a minute, then move on to something else. I think she opened bags, filled bags with sand, dropped candles in and lifted the wicks on the candles. She wanted to sample helping with everything.
Sarah, on the other hand, was more than content filling the bags with sand.
I think we filled 15 bags to her 1, but hey, it kept her busy and she was a big help!!
You will learn, Sarah does everything in her time...which is usually slow motion. She reminds me a lot of my Pap Martin in that aspect. Too bad she never got to meet him. I'm sure he smiles from Heaven at these two beautiful great granddaughters we have given him.

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Love the pics of the girls working on the luminaries. Sarah was quite involved in her task...too cute! :o) I'm sure your Pap Martin is looking down and is very proud. :o)