Today Mary had her 4 year old check up. She is a healthy, growing beautiful girl. She weighed in at a whopping 39 pounds and was around 40 inches tall (I think that is what she said). Luckily for her (and me) she didn't get any shots today. (Next year she will get the boosters needed to start Kindergarten) Her blood pressure was great. I think this was the first for that to be checked. As we all know, Mary is above on the charts for everything else. The doctor has a checklist of things she just reads over, and I had to laugh...here are a few I remembered. (mind you these are things a 4 year old should but don't have to know or have)
*Potty trained? yep since she was 15 months (now if only her sister was that quick!)
*Count to 10? yep...in English and Spanish, and can probably count to about 30 or so.
*Speak clearly? I don't think there is anything Mary says that anybody doesn't understand...she gets her point across.
*Can she have a conversation? Have you ever tried to talk to Mary...every comment is a conversation with her. My mom once said she has a better conversation with Mary than she does with my brother.
* She didn't ask about letters, but she knows them all, can write almost all of them. She has even learned a lot of numbers, and she is a master at cutting. I had her cut coupons the other day for practice, and I think she did better than I do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah came along for the appt. and so I had her weighed...just for my sake. She weighed 36 pounds. Not far behind her sister. For those that aren't around us often, Sarah's language has EXPLODED. She is such a chatter box, and asks a million questions over and over again. She can already count to 12 or 13 depending on the day. She loves to follow in her sisters footsteps. Her newest thing is she is beginning to sing, like her sister. Now if only I could get her to do it on cue. Maybe that will come. And an even bigger wish is to get this girl potty trained. She is SO stubborn. (I wouldn't know where that comes from!!) She can do it, and does...when she wants to. I'll keep trying...one of these days we'll get it. Besides the potty training hold-up, she is also a very healthy, growing beautiful girl. Because she isn't in school I don't have the specifics of her alphabet and numeric knowledge, but I know she sure picks up on what Mary is doing. I think she knows more than she lets on to know.
We sure have TWO GREAT GIRLS!!!
Have a great night...I'm off to bed. Morning comes early with these girls. And our busy schedule kicks back in to full swing tomorrow with a luncheon at the Church.
1 comment:
Glad to hear Mary had a great 4 yr. checkup and that she didn't have to get any shots. Woohoo! :oD
Post a Comment