Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grandparents Day

A few weeks back, SFCA (school) had Grandparents Day
Sarah's class sang "I am in the Lords Army"
(and she did a great job...especially the movements)
Mary's class sang "Grand Ole Flag"
(and she did a great job...I actually thought that was a weird song for a young class, but she really learned the words)
Unfortunately during the show she was more preoccupied with waving her hand made flag on a stick that she didn't sing out like she usually does.
But I can't complain...what would you expect with 18- 4 year olds on a stage with little flags to wave. It was all cute!!
And this year Grandma and Pap were the only ones that could make it. THANKS for coming!!! My Grandma and Bill were supposed to come, but Grandma ended up with an appointment she couldn't change.
The girls were THRILLED with Grandma and Pap there. When Sarah was done singing, she was sent back to sit with them...Jude came forward to get her, and she breezed right past him in a FULL sprint to get Pap and give him a BIG hug. Jude felt a little slighted. lol She was Paps buddy the rest of the day...I don't think that string could have been tied any tighter around his little finger. :)
It was a great day. And if you didn't pick up on it, the theme for the day was a patriotic theme. They even did a slide show of relatives the kids had that were in the armed services. It was nice.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. And I can see in Jill and Jim's faces how proud they are. :oD

Roger said...

Love the girls dresses. Looks like everyone had a great day.