When we returned Sarah was sleeping and Grandma was teaching Mary how to make Jimmies.
When Jude and his brothers were young, Jim and Jill owned their own pizza shop. They made Jimmies, which would be similar to a stromboli, but oh so much better.
These ones were even better b/c they were made with extra TLC from Mary. I have to say this was probably the highlight of her week...even better than the presents. She is still talking about it, and loves her chef hat and apron Grandma got for her.
Her job was putting on the pepperoni, but every once in a while she sneaked in a hand full of cheese, and on a few Jimmies, she added peppers and onions. Thanks Grandma for having the patience with this chef in training. I'm sure you could have had them made in half the time solo.
Who knows...maybe some day Mary will open up her own pizza shop...part time, since she will be a pastor. :)

1 comment:
Love all of the posts you've made, Niece Emily. As you know, I've been sick and that's why I haven't been commenting like I usually do. I just wanted to pop in and say that I *love* that Jill is doing this kind of stuff with the girls. Wonderful! :oD And I must say...I love pizza! What Jill and Mary are making looks soooo yummy to me! :o)
Hope you had a blast at Splash Lagoon. Looking forward to pics! :o)
Post a Comment