This was taken a while back...probably the beginning of July. It was the firs of my lettuce that I picked from our garden. I also wanted to check on the carrots (not knowing when they would be ready). I got this cute little thing, and b/c my garden is new, the ground is hard below what was tilled, thus causing the bend in the carrot. It was good, but wasn't quite ready to be picked. (the carrot that is)
I was still excited either way.
When I planted our garden (something I have never done) I told everyone I would be happy to get just 1 thing out of it...and let me tell you, I have gotten 1 thing...multiplied beyond my belief. I was still excited either way.
And as pretty as the lettuce looks, it tastes even better!!
Nothing better than eating fresh lettuce out of the garden.

1 comment:
Your lettuce looks tasty! :o9
Post a Comment