Thursday, August 19, 2010

And then the rain came

We were enjoying our day at Kennywood with the Urso's despite the impending storms. Jude convinced Robert to cancel his skycoaster reservation, and he did...then the rains came.
We were riding these cars (Sarah and I first, followed by Jude and Mary) when the sky began to close in on us. Oh...I should back track and say that Sarah is a very bad driver. haha! She wasn't even looking at the road while she was driving. :) And the more I teased her, the crazier she got.
Back to the storm- we were cruising through the ride and snapping pictures of each other taking pictures when Sarah and I approached the end. Moments before we got under the roof, the sky let loose and it got nasty. The workers panicked and shut down the ride, they realized their mistake and got it back on enough to pull all of our cars under cover. Sarah and I didn't get it too bad, but boy did Jude and Mary. We reunited under the roof and sat it out...watching our stroller and all of its contents get soaked. It was obvious the storm wasn't planning on going anywhere, so when it slowed down a bit...we got out of dodge.
As well as everyone else at the park. Jude took off ahead of us with the stroller, and the girls and I slowly made our way to the car. We found out, about 30 minutes after we left, Kennywood actually CLOSED due to the storm and power outages and so forth. Jill was able to get us a rain check for the day, so we will be visiting Kennywood again next week. We are praying the weather is just a tad bit better!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: