Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Having fun

I normally just post pictures and captions, but figured this evening I would write a little more. First off, we are enjoying our new house. It is really beginning to feel like HOME. We have found a home for just about everything, so that feels good. We only have a small amount of stuff left at Jude's cousins house. (mainly garden stuff) We are hoping to get that maybe sometime this week or next. The girls are getting settled in, and Mary is anxious to begin Kindergarten the end of this month. They are really enjoying being SO close to Grandma and Pap and their aunts, uncles and cousins. Can't wait till this fall when we will be running all over creation to see their football games, soccer games, swim meets, cheerleading and whatever other activities they are all involved in.

As I posted many pictures...we were deans for a week at Jumonville Church camp. We had 28 kids and 27 adults. Each person was special and we enjoyed the time sharing our love of God with them. After that week Jude asked me if I wanted to go into ministry-I think he is CRAZY!! I will be helping teach the preschool kids for Sunday School and I think that is ENOUGH ministry for me. My ministry is being with him and assisting in his ministry. (if that makes any sense)

This past weekend the girls and I traveled back to the Indiana area. The Mears reunion was Saturday, Sunday was a baby shower for my cousin, and Monday I had a Dr. appt for follow-up after my surgery. So we just stayed with an aunt and uncle and tried to accomplish as much as possible. The girls had a great time, got to see some old friends and really enjoyed playing with their cousin Ella. I have a ton of pictures to post from the weekend. Most were not taken by me-Sarah stole my camera and it kept her quite occupied at the reunion, so I let her have at it. Can't wait to share some of the shots she got. I will probably be doing numerous posts for the next couple of nights to get caught up.

Today was such a beautiful day I decided to "lock" ourselves outside. We have neglected our camper since we moved, so today was pamper the camper day. We opened the awning and I scrubbed it and I scrubbed it. That consumed my entire morning...but boy does it look nice. Jude thought it looked brand new. Then this afternoon I spent scrubbing the outside of the camper itself. It looks great if I must say so myself. The girls helped a bit...and they enjoyed riding their scooters and bikes in the driveway. This evening Jude helped me and we cleaned out the inside of the camper (we used it to bring a lot of stuff down when we moved...like bikes and sleds and stuff like that). Now we are all set to go camping...if only we had the money or the time we'd be in great shape. So after all that, we gave Mary her first lesson in riding a bicycle without training wheels. It went fairly well. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Sarah enjoyed riding the john deere pedal tractor. We have had it for a while now, and this was the first the girls really got to enjoy it and ride it much as we have a huge, flat, paved parking lot in front of our house. I'm telling you, these girls better sleep well tonight as much as they did today. I know I will. (oh and I have pictures from all of this as well...so one of these days I will get them posted.)

Well, speaking of sleep I need to get upstairs and get them to bed. Enough blogging for tonight. I think I just might end up in my bed shortly too. Have a great rest of the week. I know I will...the forecast looks just PERFECT!!

Thanks for checking out my blog!

2 comments:

Laura B said...

Love all the new posts! I've been enjoying looking at them. I am so busy with the kids that I have been slacking at commenting. But know that I am really enjoying your blog posts. I am glad to hear that you are getting to feel settled and homey in your new place. It's still strange going to Stern's and knowing you aren't right across the parking lot. We've been going quite a lot this summer, so we are making up for your absence! LOL

Gramma Rita said...

Glad you're feeling at home in your new home. :) I'm sure it is nice to be so near to Jude's side of the family. The girls are going to love growing up with their Urso grandparents nearby. :) And your blog is great...it's nice to be able to keep up-to-date with your lives through your blog. Thanks for the posts! :D