Joyce recently picked up a peck of apples for me from a local orchard. These are Golden Delicious apples, and let me tell you...they are mighty delicious. I think Mary eats 2-3 of them each day. Well, I wanted to try something I had never done before...make an apple pie
I started with this bag of apples, some sugar, flour and other ingredients...and wah-la
I started with this bag of apples, some sugar, flour and other ingredients...and wah-la
I finished with this apple pie. Not only did it look decent, but it tasted good as well. I shared it with Nancy, Moose, Ed and Joyce yesterday after we made gobs and had lunch together. Moose couldn't believe that it was my first apple pie. He wants me to practice more, and let him test each of them. :) I'll be making a few more pies for next Tuesday...to sell at our election day bazaar. So now I have accomplished making a peach pie (about a month ago) and an apple pie. Never thought I would be able to say "I made that pie". I guess there is still a little hope for me...and my lack of cooking/baking abilities
1 comment:
Hey there Betty Crocker...I mean Niece Emily! ;o) Good job on the pie. :o) How nice of Moose to offer to be a taste tester for any future pies you might make! LOL
Post a Comment