Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hay Ride @ Reegers

After our picnic with Daddy, we decided to go to Reegers Farm...we left Jude at Trinity for Youth Group. :) Here is a picture of us on the hay ride. Not sure why Sarah wasn't smiling...she said the hayride was her favorite..and she LOVED it!!
Mary was "patiently" waiting for the next tractor and wagon to come pick us up. What they did was take you out to a "pumpkin patch", drop you off to look for a pumpkin, and then another wagon was shortly behind to pick you up. It was a constant thing all afternoon they were doing. I also think Mary was mad at me for not letting her pick a pumpkin. :(
Here is what the patch was like. I do have to say that I was very disgusted. First off, they charge you a dollar per person to go on the hay ride, then you get here, and I saw the prices of their pumpkins. They ranged from $3 for a VERY small pumpkin to $8 for a large one. I can get a whole wagon full of pumpkins for that price at Brewers, so there was no way I was paying those prices. Then after letting the girls walk around...even if they weren't more reasonable, the pumpkins were in horrible condition. Very few had a stem on them, and over half of them were rotten. You would have had to really HUNT to find a good pumpkin. Not worth it to me. Sorry Reegers, but BREWERS have my pumpkin business!!

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

The hayride and pumpkin patch thing sounds like fun, but I'm with you on the prices and poor selection. :op Can't beat Brewers...their stuff is always so nice and very reasonably priced. :o)