At least in my book it is. This morning when I saw the weather for today and the next couple of days, I couldn't hold myself back. I had Mary call MeeMaw Joyce and here is how the conversation went. "MeeMaw, have you seen the weather today? (Mary) "Yes, Mary I have" (Joyce) Well it's going to be really nice today!" (Mary) "Yeah, it is, is your mom there?" (Joyce) "Yep, but can you bring your swings?" (Mary) "Do you want to come to my house to swing?" (Joyce) "No, I want to play in the ARK...PLEEEEEEEEEAASE!!! Can we open it TODAY???" (Mary)
Well, as you will see in the following entries, MeeMaw agreed that it would be a nice time to open, so we did. Ed came down, and between Nancy, Jude, Ed and I, we got the benches out, swings up and picnic table in the yard. So we were ready to go, and the girls were the first to play in the Ark this season. I have a feeling we will be spending a LOT of time out there this year.
The temps were still a bit chilly (for the girls) but the sun was out, and it is only going to get better over the next few days. Now only if this would continue? I'm sure we are in for another "winter" storm, but until it hits, I am holding on to the hope that spring is around the corner. Now all I have to wait for is to hear the peepers. That is a sure sign of spring, at least in my book. Too bad Sterns wasn't open, thats the only thing that could have made today better. :)
Oh, and our friend Kym stopped in to help open the ark, but the girls had other plans for her...playing with them. Too bad we had to break for lunch, because they were having a grand time.
66 degrees is predicted for Saturday, so guess where we will be!! See you at the ARK!
1 comment:
Great ark pics...and I bet that's where you're at right now! :oD
Post a Comment