Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two of my favorites

In the following blog entries you will see that I am into making Pysanky eggs. Here is one of my favorite ones that I did. The picture is a bit blurry, but oh well. I was at Joyce's house tonight and she helped me varnish this, hence why it is sitting on nails, drying. All we have left to finish it is to drain and clean the inside of the egg.
Here is another favorite, more because of the colors than the design. This picture doesn't show it very well. The flower is actually more of a purple color and the lighter color is a cross between a green and a light blue. It's prettier in person, but I still wanted to share it with you.

Both of these eggs are designs that I drew on. Carol Buterbaugh (my Aunt's sister) taught me how to do it, and has me hooked. I love it, and find it so relaxing. I just wish I could find more time in my day to work on them. Unfortunately today laundry took second fiddle to my egg making. It got clean, just not folded or put away. That will be tomorrow's project, if I don't decide to do more eggs. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gramma Rita said...

Hey Niece Emily...I *love* your Pysanky eggs! You are doing a great job on them, and Mary's is very nice too! My favorites are the bird one and the red flower one. Beautiful! :oD You go girl! :oD And thanks so much for posting these. :o)

Laura B said...

I love the bird one! They are all great, that's just my fav! You'll have to show me sometime, but I think I would cry if they broke while emptying!

EmUrso said...

I'm happy to report Joyce emptied all these for me, and they survived. YEAH!!!