Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Studio

In the same room was what I would call a junk station. There are a bunch of boxes of random pieces of junk, parts of egg cartons, ribbon, paper, straws, lids...you name it. Anyhow, the kids can pick whatever supplies they wanted to, and at the table was a bin of tape, scissors and glue. The rest is up to the childs imagination. They can build whatever concoction they want. Sarah and I built this horse...she is showing me. I can't wait till next year when she may be building something on her own.
(I almost forgot, Sarah made what she calls money...she took a scrap piece of paper and cut it in half, and decorated the pieces with foam stickers. She was mighty proud of her "moneys". They are in her right hand in this pic.)

Mary is diligently working on her "house" She needed Daddy's help building the walls...she did NOT want a roof, and she was busy "stocking" the house I guess. I think Mary could have stayed at this station all day...she absolutely loves tape and scissors.


And mind you, this was all in the first room we went to. And I didn't even take pictures of every station in this room. There was a place to make an old fashioned looking piece of paper (sorry don't remember the technical terminology), you could make your own screenprint, there was clay to work with, and I think one other area. Needless to say, most kids could make a day out of this room alone...but much more to see!!

1 comment:

Gramma Rita said...

Oh.My.Goodness. This looks like soooo much fun! :oD I'm with Mary on the tape and scissors thing. :o) Nice house she built, and I love Sarah's "moneys". :oD I think I'd have as much fun as a kid at this place! :oD :oD :oD