Yesterday the girls and I went to visit my Grandma. Because of schedules and the weather, we had not been to see her for a few weeks. She seemed grateful for the visit. When we first arrived, she showed me 2 presents in her garage that were a mystery to her. They were Christmas presents to the girls from my Dad. She didn't know what to do with them, so we decided to just give them to the girls...I knew my Dad wouldn't mind, and it turns out they had slipped off the pile of presents when Dad was loading them up to bring to us. (Rita figured out the mystery for us) So the girls were thrilled to open yet another present. Each girl got a new soft blanket and small pillow. Mary chose the purple tinkerbell one and Sarah got the pink princess one. They love them, and played with them during our visit. I told the girls they will be perfect to keep in the car, because many times when we are out, the girls are cold before the car gets warmed up enough, so now they don't have to fight over the one blanket I have in there, they each have their own, plus a pillow for traveling.
Here comes the funny part of the visit. Mary and Sarah were doing "tricks" on the floor. Sarah's amounts to a roll, and Mary usually ends up flipping. Somehow either Mary or Grandma suggested Mary try to stand on her head. Mary kept flipping, couldn't get stopped straight up, so Grandma got on the floor and attempted to slightly demonstrate. She was showing Mary how to hold her hands, roll on to her head, and balance her legs on her arms. It was great seeing the two Mary's trying to do a headstand. I wish I had my camera at that moment. Eventually I just held up Mary's legs so she could do it, but I am sure over the coming weeks, she will be working on her head stands so she can show Grandma. Grandma said back in her day that she was really good at headstands. I bet she was!! I just hope she can still move today, after doing her demonstrations yesterday. :)
Gotta love memories like these!
I did get my camera out and took a few pictures after this. They are already posted.
1 comment:
I'm glad Grandma discovered the wrapped packages in her garage! I didn't realize the girls hadn't opened them...but that would probably be because I missed it due to being sick. -sigh- But regardless...this way they had something fun to open in the middle of January instead. :oD
Post a Comment