They had a room of young animals for designed as a kids s barn. Here is a litter of pigs (I think that is what they are called..a litter) Anyhow I think we counted 13 of them. And they were all piled up to sleep. A little later when we stopped in we got to see them nursing. Poor mother!!!
Here are some chicks. The girls loved this part because there was a small ferris wheel (you can kind of see the blue wheel on the right side) It was small and had food on the seats, so the chicks would climb aboard for the food, and most of the time would end up riding the ferris wheel all the way around. It was cute, and probably one of Mary's facorite things. This might gross you out, but it was amazing, so I wanted a picture...be warned the next picture is even more graphic. This is a incubator where chicks were hatching...right before our eyes. You can see in this picture that some were already hatched and fuzzy yellpw, but there were plenty more eggs. See the next picture if you aren't bothered by nature.
This is a close up of one of the eggs hatching...well actually two. Like I said, they were literally hatching right before our eyes, and it was amazing to see them peak their beak out or stretch their little leg. They were s ugly, yet so cute. I guess when they get out and accustomed to the world, they will get upgraded to the ferris wheel section. :)

1 comment:
What wonderful photos, Niece Emily! Love, love, love *all* the baby chick photos! How cool is it that you got to see some hatching?!! :oD Baby chicks are the cutest, fuzziest little things...then they grow into big ol' chickens! :op LOL ;o)
The piglets are cute too! :o)
Post a Comment