In case you didn't know I have been trying for a VERY long time to potty train Sarah. She can do it, she has proved it to me in the past, but for some reason she is stubborn and won't cooperate for me. I am getting fed up with it, so I prepared myself to go cold turkey with her this morning. I decided to put her in panties and I would just deal with the messes as they came. (I am wearing sweatpants on her to absorb the mess, so I don't have to scrub floors and furniture, and I brought numerous pairs downstairs with me today...in anticipation of her stubbornness) We didn't get off to a good start...I didn't get mad...just made her try some more, and put dry clothes on her.
Well...knock on wood...but she was just a BIG GIRL for me. (I bribed her...and it worked) I told her that as soon as she could go like a big girl, I would let her pick out a treat.
Here is what she picked...Ice Breakers Sours. I gave her 3, and told her I was putting them in the bathroom, so when she goes again, she can have more. By the end of today, she might be on a sugar high...but if it means I get her potty-trained, it will be well worth it.
*I can see new panties coming soon on a Christmas list near you...I'll even let her pick out the ones SHE wants!!*
Of course I had to let Mary pick out a treat when Sarah did. She picked cookies.
I guess through all this, it will be nice having a laundry basket full of treats for them to pick.
In case you forgot...Mary spoiled me when it came to potty training...she was trained at 15 months, and hasn't looked back. Too bad Sarah didn't follow in her footsteps with this one.
Well...knock on wood...but she was just a BIG GIRL for me. (I bribed her...and it worked) I told her that as soon as she could go like a big girl, I would let her pick out a treat.
Here is what she picked...Ice Breakers Sours. I gave her 3, and told her I was putting them in the bathroom, so when she goes again, she can have more. By the end of today, she might be on a sugar high...but if it means I get her potty-trained, it will be well worth it. *I can see new panties coming soon on a Christmas list near you...I'll even let her pick out the ones SHE wants!!*
Of course I had to let Mary pick out a treat when Sarah did. She picked cookies. I guess through all this, it will be nice having a laundry basket full of treats for them to pick.
In case you forgot...Mary spoiled me when it came to potty training...she was trained at 15 months, and hasn't looked back. Too bad Sarah didn't follow in her footsteps with this one.
1 comment:
Way to go Sarah!!!! :oD And no pun intended! LOL My first one spoiled me too...potty trained at 17 mos. Second one at 35 mos.! ;o}
Post a Comment